Re: JR in need of mentoring...

   Hy Jason,
   tipically you can't access the internet from the AS/400, due to
   network and security restrictions.
   Do you test that ? can you ping [1]www.google.com ??
   Regards
   2008/10/17 Jason Cawood <[2]jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

     Do you have any suggestions for how I can go about finding where my
     problem
     is?
     Thanks!
     -Jason
     On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:19:43 -0500, Scott Klement
     <[3]sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     wrote:
     > Most likely, there is a firewall (or similar device) blocking
     access
     > from your computer running HTTPAPI to the computer offering the
     web
     > service.
     >

     > Jason Cawood wrote:
     >> I am a junior developer tasked with a project that needs to send
     a soap
     >> message from our as400 via RPG to a server. In my 4 years of
     RPGIV
     >> programming Scott Klement's tutorials and write-ups have taught
     me a lot
     >> so naturally the first place I check for clues is Scott's
     website.  I
     >> found that the HTTPAPI may be exactly what I was looking for for
     help.
     >> But when I compile and run EXAMPLE18 of the SOAP examples I get
     "Timeout
     >> occurred while trying to connect to server!" Could someone get
     me
     > pointed
     >> in the right direction?

   Nicolás Machado