GetTrimLen

   Hello,

   I have been using FTPAPI successfully for a while and have just come
   across a problem with GetTrimLen.

   We are sending a flat physical file to a customer who has specified
   that line 2 of the file should be blank ie: only contain a CRLF.  We
   created the file and sent it out but they rejected it as they said
   line two contained one blank character followed by CRLF.  I did some
   tests using the AS400 FTP client using the LOCSITE TRIM command and
   when set to 1 the file was OK and I checked that FTP_TrimMode was set
   to 1 but this was still in error.

   When I checked, the FTP_GetTrimLen routine returns a value of 1 even
   if the record contains all blanks.  I modified this and show my new
   code below.

   c                   dow       %subst(peBuffer:x:1)=' ' and X>=1
   c                   eval      X = X -1
   c                   if        x<1
   c                   leave
   c                   endif
   c                   enddo

   I have tested this out and everything seems to be OK.  Before I move
   this into production, does anyone have any problems with this?  Is
   this something that could go into a new release of FTPAPI?

   Regards,

   Fred Mitchell
   e:  [1]fred@xxxxxxxxxx
   m: +44 (0) 771 116 8395