2 versions of HTTPAPI on one system

   I am supporting a customer who used to be supported by another vendor.

   The other vendor had developed programs using the HTTPAPI library
   LIBHTTP.

   It is on an earlier version.

   I want to install the latest version but do not want to disturb the
   existing code.

   To accomplish this, can I just change all references to LIBHTTP to
   another name?

   I see there are also directories in the ifs that also may be affected.

   What are the ramifications for having two versions?

   I don't think I am ready to replace the current version with the newer
   version and risk disabling existing programs in production.

   Please advise,

   Thanks for assistance,

   Danny D Duncan

   Respect Technology, Inc.