Re: FTPAPI Login Problem

   Hi Scott,
   That's solved the login problem, thanks for the prompt reply.
   Steve

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   25/09/2008 01:48

   Please respond to
   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: FTPAPI Login Problem

   Hi Steve,
   Honestly, it's been a long time since I've looked at the way CCSIDs
   are
   handled in FTPAPI.  I wrote FTPAPI a long time ago, and frankly I've
   learned a lot about how to handle CCSIDs since then :)
   The values in FTPAPI aren't sensible defaults, IMHO.
   My suggestion to you is to edit the code for FTPAPI.  If you search
   the
   FTPAPIR4 member, you'll find named constants called DFT_RMT_CP and
   DFT_LOC_CP.  I suggest changing the DFT_RMT_CP value to 819, and the
   DFT_LOC_CP value to 285 (or whatever is appropriate for your
   environment).
   Recompile FTPAPI.  (Or just call the INSTALL program -- it should do
   the
   work for you.)
   Then, try again...  (sign off, then back on, to ensure that you get
   the
   new copy of FTPAPIR4) see if that helps.
   Steve.Houghton@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   >    I am trying to connect to an ftp server and put a file on it
   using the
   >    TESTPUT sample.
   >    Having put the server name, username, and password in the correct
   >    place I get a Login Incorrect message.  Username and password
   both
   >    work if I do a manual connection using the iSeries command line
   FTP.
   >    I was wondering if this could be a CCSID problem? My password has
   >    '£' sign in it, our iSeries is setup as CCSID 65535, in FTPAPIR4
   >    have found reference to CCSID 37, and I presume that the PC FTP I
   am
   >    trying to connect to is either CCSID 819 or 285? Should this be a
   >    problem? Does the CCSID of the job/system affect how the password
   is
   >    translated on the remote FTP server?
   >    Thanks
   >    Steve

   >    This communication has been sent to you by Ansvar Insurance
   Company
   >    Ltd. Reg. No. 661060 England.
   >
   >    Registered Office: Beaufort House, Brunswick Road,
   >
   >    Gloucester. GL1 1JZ.
   >

   >    Member of: Association of British Insurers (ABI); Financial
   Ombudsman
   >    Service. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services
   Authority