userid password

I am trying to consume a web service that requires a userid and password.

They told me it is HTTPS + Basic Auth and to put the info in the HTTP
header.

Does this mean before my post I call the following:

 callp     http_setauth(HTTP_AUTH_BASIC:
                        userid: pass)

I did try this but I am getting back "Bad Request" - which could be a
missing XML statement as this web service requires alot of input.  I would
assume if it was a userid/password issue I would get back a different error.

My log shows:

do_post(): entered
POST /HIPAATransactionServices1_3/Service.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: online.instamed.com
Authorization: Basic bWVkaWNvcnA6SkxvdzkrQWtZcEk9

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
senddoc(): entered
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="no"?><SOAP:Envelope
xml
recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request   <=============
Connection: close