Trusting an application

In our implementation of HTTPAPI we have always trusted an application
to the SSL certificate manually - by specifying the app in the DCM and
adding it to the trusted applications of the certificates.

When testing a new link today, the SSL communications worked, but we had
not trusted the application to the SSL certificates used in this
connection.
I would have expected the connection to fail.

Is there something in HTTPAPI or OS400 that now allows untrusted apps to
work, or have I missed something here ?

We are running OS400 V5R4 and HTTP 1.20

Regards

Ian Patterson