From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, 13 August 2008 2:59 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: first program help

Hello,

It would appear that the web site is expecting a GET request with
parameters encoded into the URL, but you are sending a POST request with
the parameters included in the POST data upload.

Try changing your HTTP_url_post() to HTTP_url_get() instead.  So the
code reads more like this:

   C                   eval      Enc = http_url_encoder_new

   c                   callp     http_url_encoder_addvar_s( Enc
   c                                                      : 'u'
   c                                                      :'UserName')

   c                   callp     http_url_encoder_addvar_s( Enc
   c                                                      : 'p'
   c                                                      :'Password')

   c                   eval      URL = 'http://www.valuesms.com/log.php?'
   c                                 + http_url_encoder_getstr(Enc)

   c                   callp     http_debug(*ON)

   c                   eval      rc = http_url_get( URL
   C                                              : '/tmp/testpost.html')

Just make the 'URL' field a large VARYING field... maybe "1024A VARYING"
or something like that.

Good luck

A. M. [Tony] Cusack wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I am attempting to get my first http program running without success.
>
> Here is the web site php script I am trying to get to with the parameters
> shown
>
> http://www.valuesms.com/log.php?u=Username&p=Password
>
> if I go there from a web browser I expect to get a response of "400 Bad
> Request (login error)" which is what happens
>
> However when I go there with the program below, I get a response of "400
Bad
> Request (incomplete data)" which I what I would get if I went to the web
> page with no parameters i.e. http://www.valuesms.com/log.php
>
> To me, this indicates that the parameters are not getting from my program
> the php script on the web site, although I do see them in the debug
output.

> Below is my program & the debug output.
>
> The program is basically a copy of EXAMPLE2
>
> Hope someone can see the error & help me out.
>
> Regards
>
> Anthony
>

> Program
>
>      H DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP(*NEW) BNDDIR('HTTPAPI')
>

>      D/copy qrpglesrc,httpapi_h
>
>      D cmd             pr                  extpgm('QCMDEXC')
>      D  command                     200A   const
>      D  length                       15P 5 const
>
>      D CRLF            C                   CONST(x'0D25')
>      D rc              s             10I 0
>      D msg             s             52A
>
>      D Enc             s                   like(HTTP_URL_ENCODER)
>      D myPointer       s               *
>      D dataSize        s             10I 0
>

>      C                   eval      Enc = http_url_encoder_new
>
>      c                   callp     http_url_encoder_addvar_s( Enc
>      c                                                      : 'u'
>      c                                                      : 'UserName')
>
>      c                   callp     http_url_encoder_addvar_s( Enc
>      c                                                      : 'p'
>      c                                                      : 'Password')
>
>      c                   callp     http_url_encoder_getptr( Enc
>      c                                                    : myPointer
>      c                                                    : dataSize )
>

>      c                   callp     http_debug(*ON)
>
>      c                   eval      rc = http_url_post(
>      c                              'http://www.valuesms.com/log.php'
>      c                             : myPointer
>      c                             : dataSize
>      c                             : '/tmp/testpost.html' )
>
>      c                   if        rc = 302
>      c                   eval      rc = http_url_get( http_redir_loc()
>      c                                          : '/tmp/testpost.html')
>      c                   endif
>
>      c                   if        rc <> 1
>      c                   eval      msg = http_error
>      c                   dsply                   msg
>      c                   else
>      c                   callp     cmd('DSPF ''/tmp/testpost.html''': 200)
>      c                   endif
>
>      c                   callp     http_url_encoder_free(Enc)
>
>      c                   eval      *inlr = *on

<hr><span style="font-size: 7.5pt; font-family: Verdana,sans-serif; color: #587AB4">Any email (including all attachments) from Welding Industries Limited (ABN 18 004 547 111) is intended solely for its intended addressee(s).
It may be confidential and/or subject to legal, professional or other privilege. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because an email has been sent to you by mistake.
If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, retransmission, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received the email in error, please delete the material from any computer and notify the sender.
All Welding Industries Limited emails are subject to copyright. No part of any email should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of Welding Industries Limited as copyright owner.
Any personal information received by you in an email from Welding Industries Limited must be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Welding Industries Limited accepts no responsibility for emails sent by employees which are of a personal nature or in breach of the law.