From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 9:45 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: IFS

Hi Pat,

When you say "IBM O/S 4.1", I assume you mean OS/400 V4R1.  (The latest
operating system version is IBM i 6.1, but that scheme does not apply to
old releases, and in any case, it's "IBM i" not "IBM O/S".)

AS/400 NetServer (the OS/400 tool that acts as a Windows Networking
(SMB) server) was released in V4R2.

The IFS became available starting with V3R1, and became usable from RPG
starting in V3R2.  So you can write files to the IFS if you like, but to
access them from Windows you'll have to use other tools like Client
Access or FTP.

Note that V4R1 reached end-of-life in May 2000.  (More than 8 years ago).

If you wish to discuss this further, please try the System iNetwork
forums or Midrange-L, as this does not appear to be related to FTPAPI or
HTTPAPI.