RE: IFS

Thomas already mentioned Scott's tutorial for creating an RPG program that writes to the IFS.  It
should be point out that the RPG program is using C functions, so if you'd rather you could just use
C/C++ to write to the IFS from a program running on the System i.

>From the PC side, the System i includes an Server Message Block (SMB) server, called Netserver,  to
support Windows file serving along with a Network File System (NFS) server to support UNIX/Linux file
serving.

Netserver info:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzahl/rzahlusergoal.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/6erm8d

NFS:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/ifs/rzaaxnfs.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/6xawxa

Lastly, the System i also includes both an SMB and a NFS client; which allow program on the iSeries to
access files on a Windows or UNIX/Linux file share.   Thus, you can use the IFS C functions mentioned
before and write directly to a PC server.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
--
Software Engineer
CINTAS Corporation - IT 92B

wiltc@xxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged.  If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.  After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system.  Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.