Antwort: GEOIP web service - This page requires a user-id & password

Your program works fine for me, after having changed "SOAP =
'<soapenv:Envelop +" to "SOAP = '<soapenv:Envelope +". Please notice the
missing "e" at the end of "Envelope". But when I sent the request with the
missing "e" I received error message "
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to read
request." instead of an authorization error. So that is different from what
you wrote.

Thomas.

ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 24.07.2008 19:13:44:

> Good morning,
>
> I'm new to the world of web services and am working my way through
> Scott's example using the geoipservice.asmx example.
>
> I'm getting the error "This page requires a user-id & password" instead
> of the country name ( I used IP = 66.111.97.6).
>
> It works fine using the soapUI 2.0.2 program, but I'm having trouble
> with the RPG version.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>

>      H dftactgrp(*no) bnddir('HTTPAPI')
>

>       /copy HTTPAPI_H
>

>      D GEOIP           PR                  Extpgm('GEOIP')
>
>      D   IPADDR                      15A   const
>
>      D GEOIP           PI
>
>      D   IPADDR                      15A   const
>

>      D MapXMLData      PR
>
>      D   Country                     52A   Varying
>
>      D   Depth                       10i 0 Value
>
>      D   Name                      1024A   Varying const
>
>      D   Path                     24576A   Varying const
>
>      D   Value                    65535A   Varying const
>
>      D   Attrs                         *   Dim(32767)
>
>      D                                     const options(*varsize)
>

>      D VaryingDataOffset...
>
>      D                 C                   const(2)
>
>      D SOAP            S           1024A   Varying
>
>      D CountryName     S             50A   Varying
>
>      D Wait            S              1A
>
>      D Rc              S             10i 0
>

>       /Free
>
>         If %parms < 1;
>
>            http_comp('Usage:  CALL GEOIP PARM(''xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'')');
>
>            return;
>
>         Endif;
>

>         SOAP = '<soapenv:Envelop +
>

> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; +
>
>                   xmlns:web="http://www.webservicex.net";>  +
>
>                   <soapenv:Header/> +
>
>                   <soapenv:Body>  +
>
>                      <web:GetGeoIP> +
>
>                         <!--Optional:--> +
>
>                         <web:IPAddress>' + IPADDR + '</web:IPAddress> +
>
>                      </web:GetGeoIP>     +
>
>                   </soapenv:Body>        +
>
>                </soapenv:Envelope>';
>

>         http_setccsids(1208: 0);
>
>         http_debug(*ON);
>

>         rc = http_post_xml(
> 'http://www.webservicex.net/geoipservice.asmx'
>
>                           : %addr(SOAP) + VARYINGDATAOFFSET
>
>                           : %len(SOAP)
>
>                           : *Null
>
>                           : %Paddr(MapXMLData)
>
>                           : %Addr(CountryName)
>
>                           : HTTP_TimeOut
>
>                           : Http_UserAgent
>
>                           : 'text/xml; charset=UTF-8'
>
>                           : '"http://www.webservicex.net/GetGeoIP";' );
>

>         If (rc <> 1);
>
>            http_crash();
>
>         Endif;
>

>         Dsply CountryName ' ' wait;
>
>         *INLR = *On;
>
>       /End-Free
>

>      P MapXMLData      B
>
>      D MapXMLData      PI
>
>      D   Country                     52A   Varying
>
>      D   Depth                       10i 0 Value
>
>      D   Name                      1024A   Varying const

> [...]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the sender.