Re: wsdl2rpg and libhttp

Ashish,

I recommend to create a service program from the stub module. The creation commands should be in the
help text of the WSDL2RPG command. Since I have to check whether these commands are up to date, please
use the following commands instead:

CRTRPGMOD MODULE(WSDL2RPG/WS0001)
     SRCFILE(WSDL2RPG/QWSDL2RPG) SRCMBR(*MODULE)
     TRUNCNBR(*NO)

CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(WSDL2RPG/WS0001) MODULE(*SRVPGM)
     EXPORT(*ALL)
     TEXT('Web Services: ZipCode')
     BNDSRVPGM(*LIBL/WSDL2RPGRT *LIBL/BASICS1 *LIBL/HTTPAPIR4)
     BNDDIR(QC2LE)
     ACTGRP(*CALLER)

Replace 'WS0001' with the name of your stub module.

Then include your stub module as a copy book into the program that wants to use the Web service:

D/DEFINE PROTOTYPE_WS0001
D/COPY QWSDL2RPG,WS0001                       Web Service
D/UNDEFINE PROTOTYPE_WS0001

Use the '_t' fields (pDummy) to create your working fields like this:

  *
  *  Request message
D CityStateToZipCode...
D                 DS                  likeds(tns_CityStateToZipCode_t ) inz
  *
  *  Response message
D CityStateToZipCodeResponse...
D                 DS                  likeds(
D                                     tns_CityStateToZipCodeResponse_t) inz

Call the web service as shown here:

CityStateToZipCodeResponse =
    ZipCodeSoap_CityStateToZipCode(CityStateToZipCode: msg);

WS0001 (generated service program) and WS0001T (test program using WS0001) are shipped as a sample.

Regards,

Thomas.

Ashish's question has already been answered by e-mail. I forwarded my reply to the mailing list to let other users know about it.

Ashish Kulkarni schrieb:
   Hi
   I have successfully created a RPGLE module, and then service program
   to call web service written in java,
   I have a question about using this program, do i have to use wsdl2rpg
   all the time, is it possible i can extract code and compile it with
   only libhttp in library list?
   I just want to do this so i can reduce a library from library list its
   dependencies
   Ash