From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:25 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: error on soap message

Near the beginning of the XML you're sending to the HTTP server, you
have this:

encoding="UTF-8">

You appear to be missing a question mark character.  There should be a ?

in between the "UTF-8" and the closing >.  So it should read like this:

encoding="UTF-8"?>

How did I know this?  If you look at the response you received from the
webservice, you'll see this message:

<faultstring>
    Unexpected character '>' (code 62); expected either '?' or white
    space&#xd; at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,37]
</faultstring>

So it's telling you it didn't expect a > character.  It expected either
a ? character or whitespace (blanks or tabs) in that position.  The
error was on line 1, character 37.  If you look at the code you're
sending, the 37th character is the > character that comes after "UTF-8".

HTH