From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 1:53 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Example 1 302 error

Hi Craig,

A 302 is a 'redirect'  It's typically sent by an HTTP server that wants
a browser to connect to a different link.   In HTTPAPI, you'd handle
that as follows:

    rc = http_url_post( ... whatever ... );

    if rc=302;
       url = http_redir_loc();
       rc = http_url_get( url . . .  );
    enddo;

Basically, the url_post() call asked for a redirect, so you do a URL get

to the location it has asked to redirect to.   the http_redir_loc()
routine will return the location they requested a redirect to.

I agree with Mike that this particular redirect appears to be
redirecting you to a local machine -- so I suspect it's some sort of a
deal where you have to sign in before you can access the Internet.
Sometimes these are implemented as proxies, but sometimes they're
implemented using reverse NAT or a similar tool to make them
transparent.

But that part is just a guess.  the only part I really know at this
point is that it's sending you a redirect, and it's telling you that the

URL to redirect to is
http://172.27.3.12:15871/cgi-bin/authenticate.cgi?ws-session=3774914013

I can't go to that page to see what it is -- it's a private IP address
that would only be available from within your network.  But, if you
follow the redirect, as I explained above, you should be able to
download the HTML for that page, and hopefully it'll give you a good
idea of what the page is...

Craig Jacobsen wrote:
> I saw some of the earlier posts and wanted to incorporate some news on
> our Intranet site.  I am already getting the weather from the Weather
> message file (thanks Scott) and am calling another program that uses
> soap to get a quote of the day
> ('http://swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/QuoteOfTheDay.asmx')
> which is successful and runs during the page creation in Net.Data.  I
> tried the rss feed to iseries and got the 302 error.  I made the
change
> that Scott suggested to go to another news service and got the same
> error.  I saw I was getting the 302 error at http_url_get so I tried
> Example 1 which also uses http_url_get to Scott's web site which I
know
> is OK.  I am failing at the do_get subprocedure in the service program
> and getting a return code of 302.
>

> Here is the debug log:
> HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
>
> OS/400 Ver V5R2M0
>

> New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
ProtLoc=0

> http_url_get(): entered
>
> http_persist_open(): entered
>
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
>
> DNS resolver retrans: 2
>
> DNS resolver retry  : 2
>
> DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
>
> DNS default domain: urlmutual.com
>
> DNS server found: 172.27.3.3
>
> DNS server found: 172.27.3.5
>
> http_persist_get(): entered
>
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
>
> do_get(): entered
>
> GET /rpg/socktut/tutorial.pdf HTTP/1.1
>
> Host: www.scottklement.com

> recvresp(): entered
>
> HTTP/1.0 302 Moved
>
> Location:

http://172.27.3.12:15871/cgi-bin/authenticate.cgi?ws-session=3774914013
> Pragma: no-cache
>
> Cache-Control: no-cache
>

> SetError() #13: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved
>
> recvdoc parms: identity 0
>
> header_load_cookies() entered
>
> recvdoc(): entered
>
> SetError() #0:
>
> SetError() #13: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved
>
> http_close(): entered
>

> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Craig
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
destroy all copies of the original message.  Unless expressly stated in
this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be
construed as a digital or electronic signature.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be construed as a digital or electronic signature.