Re: FTP_delete

Hi Helge,

First, let's make the distinction between what you type (which is you,
as the user, telling the FTP client what you want to do) and the command
that's sent to the server (which is the FTP client telling the server
what to do).

Whether you've typed 'del' or 'dele' or 'delete' or 'remove' or 'erase'
doesn't matter.  In a GUI client, you might right-click the file and
choose a 'delete' option and not type anything at all!  How you tell the
client what you want to do doesn't matter.  Whether you've typed 'del'
or 'dele' doesn't matter.

What's important is what the FTP client sends to the server!  The FTP
client *must* send 'DELE <filename>' to the server.  It *must* be that
exact phrase.  And that's what FTPAPI is sending, and it's also what the
i5/OS FTP client is sending... I see no difference.  And as long as they
are sending the exact same thing, the server MUST respond with the same
thing.

However, I have a new thought... I said I *see* no difference.  What if
there's something I can't see?  FTPAPI automatically trims trailing
blanks from the end of the string, but perhaps there's some other
non-printable character in the string?  Could you check for that?

I've already suggested that it might be a timing issue because you're
doing the RETR immediately before the DELE.  Have you explored that, at all?