Re: Using FTPAPI behing a firewall

   This problem was solved. Our firewall was not configured correctly.

   From: Grizzly Malchow
   Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:41 PM
   To: 'HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects'
   Subject: Using FTPAPI behing a firewall

   We recently installed a new firewall and put our system i behind the
   firewall. I had to modify all of my programs that use HTTPAPI to use
   the http_setproxy procedure. I was wondering if there is something
   similar I need to do when using FTPAPI? Ever since we installed the
   new firewall, I have not been able to connect to any remote FTP
   servers. The message I am receiving is: A remote host did not respond
   within the timeout period.

   My network administrator tells me that our system i is setup in the
   firewall to allow FTP. I'm guess it really isn't. Either that or, I'm
   not authenticating to the firewall and that is why I'm not able to
   connect to any remote hosts.

   Does anyone have any ideas?

   Thanks in advance,

   Griz