Re: HTTPAPI for Scott's localweath

   In was in Scott's last article in the Systemi Network news email I
   received:
[1]http://systeminetwork.com/article/report-weather-your-sign-screen

   Pete Helgren
   Thomas Raddatz wrote:

     Scott,
     I'd like to have a look at your "local weather" utility, too. Where
     can I download that interesting piece of code?
     Thomas.
     Scott Klement schrieb:

     Hi Prevesh,
     HTTPAPI is attempting to connect to a site on the Internet.  It has
     sent the connection request, and is waiting for a response.  If it
     doesn't receive a response within 60 seconds, it'll give up and
     report the "timeout" message that you cited.
     60 seconds is a very long time to wait -- even on a dial-up
     connection!   So I would suspect that your network is not allowing
     outgoing connections to the Internet.
     The most likely cause is a firewall blocking outbound HTTP
     requests.
     Another possible cause is that TCP/IP is not configured properly,
     or that routing is not configured properly.