Re: HTTPAPI for Scott's localweath

Scott,

I'd like to have a look at your "local weather" utility, too. Where can I download that interesting piece of code?

Thomas.

Scott Klement schrieb:
Hi Prevesh,

HTTPAPI is attempting to connect to a site on the Internet. It has sent the connection request, and is waiting for a response. If it doesn't receive a response within 60 seconds, it'll give up and report the "timeout" message that you cited.

60 seconds is a very long time to wait -- even on a dial-up connection! So I would suspect that your network is not allowing outgoing connections to the Internet.

The most likely cause is a firewall blocking outbound HTTP requests.

Another possible cause is that TCP/IP is not configured properly, or that routing is not configured properly.