Re: Firewall question: WE GOT A LIVE ONE

James,

HTTPAPI already logs the data that it received. Changing your code to
call debug_msg() wouldn't tell me anything I don't already know. The
data looks like this (from your debug file):

  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\" > <HTML>
<HEAD>  <META

Also, HTTPAPI does not provide support for user applications calling
debug_msg().  debug_msg() is intended to be for use internally within
HTTPAPI -- it won't allow you to call it externally (unless you change
the code to allow it, of course.)

I hear you telling me that your response is always 28 characters.  But
the above message is more than that, and it looks like an HTML document.

It could be coming from iPrism-httpd that Mike Krebs was talking about,
instead of your web service...   If you received the whole message, you
might find out that it's an HTML document saying that the '400 is not
allowed to send out of the firewall.  Just a guess... but certainly
possible, and would fit with Mike's assertion that it's a URL filtering
proxy.