Re: Looking for suggestions about 426 errors

Hi Scott,

"broken pipe" means that you (err, probably FTPAPI) tried to read from a
socket after the connection was broken.  Typically this would indicate
either that your file transfer got cut off in the middle, or perhaps
that the control connection (where the FTP commands are sent) was cut
off in the middle for some reason.

Frankly... communications are an imperfect thing.  Things get
disconnected sometimes.  That's life.   If it's not happening too
frequently, I'd just chalk it up to being an imperfect world.

When you get this error, just try the PUT again.  Or, perhaps,
disconnect from the server, reconnect, and then try the PUT again.

On the other hand, if it's happening frequently or even consistently,
then you might have a bigger problem.  (Misconfiguration somewhere, a
flaky piece of hardware, etc.)