Re: Socket Tutorial and HTTPAPI

   I use HTTAPI to receive data and the Apache to send it (via CGIDEV2)
   Works fine, I feel something similar will solve your needs, easier
   than sockets.
   Donald Leong wrote:

   Hi Scott,

   I am working on a SOA project and came across this wealth of
   information. I downloaded both the Socket Tutorial and HTTPAPI from
   your site and am playing with those codes. My aim is to make my i5 to
   participate in the companywide SOA bandwagon. My thinking is to build
   a "listener that spawns multiple programs" based on the samples from
   the socket tutorial. Once client requests are processed, the result
   will be encased in a SOAP-based XML for sending back to client using
   HTTPAPI.

   Based on this assumption I have a couple of questions:
    1. Is this the right approach? Or can HTTPAPI do both inbound and
       outbound traffic (I see most of the examples on HTTPAPI are i5 as
       a consumer but not as a provider)?
    2. Is the function RDLINE in the SOCKUTIL_H copy book to accept an
       XML document by manipulating the length from peLine?

   Thanks,

   Donald Leong