Re: Exanple18 and HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Hello Helge,

>    returns HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error. Example19 and 20 gives the
>    same result.
[SNIP]
>    and error '<faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
>    Unable to handle request without a valid action parameter. Please
>    supply a valid soap action. '

This means that there's an error in the "SOAPAction:" keyword that's
sent to the HTTP server.  Here's the relevant part of your log file:

>    SOAPAction:
>    [4]http://www.webserviceX.NET/ConversionRate

I'm a bit confused by this.  I'm guessing that the extra linefeeds and
the [4] were inserted by your e-mail software.

But why are Content-Type and SOAPAction listed twice?  Clearly, that
will cause confusion.  You aren't supposed to list these HTTP keywords
twice.  I can't think of any code in HTTPAPI that would do that, and it
doesn't happen to me when I run EXAMPLE18-20...

So I'm not exactly sure what it could be?  Why would those keywords be
repeated?   Also, it looks like there's a blank line after your first
Content-type....  this would cause major problems as blank lines are
supposed to indicate the end of the list of headers.

Is anyone else having this problem?   I'm not sure what to look for...