Re: Example18 returns This page requires a user-id & password

My guess is that this has something to do with your internal network
security.   It's requiring the userid/password to get out of your network.

I'd suggest having a conversation with whomever maintains your network
to see if you can learn what is required for software running on your
system to access the Internet.