Re: WSDL2RPG - RC4 available with workaround for Axis bug AXIS-2095

Magne,

First of all I want to let you know that I know how annoying these "Pointer not set ..." errors are.
Of course I could catch them and send a message but I decided to do that not. In most cases the reason
for this error is that WSDL2RPG could not find a type in its repository, which should not happen.

The problem with 'CMBGenericWebService' is that the type 'wsi:swaRef' is not defined in the WSDL file.
Hence WSDL2RPG does not know that type when it tries to find the referenced type of 'swaRef' of
'ArrayOf_tns2_swaRef'.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://was60.webservices.mm.ibm.com";
xmlns:intf="http://was60.webservices.mm.ibm.com"; xmlns:wsi="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd";
xmlns:wsdlsoap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"; xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"; xmlns:impl="http://was60.webservices.mm.ibm.com";>
   <wsdl:types>
     <schema targetNamespace="http://was60.webservices.mm.ibm.com";
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:impl="http://was60.webservices.mm.ibm.com";
xmlns:intf="http://was60.webservices.mm.ibm.com"; xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
xmlns:wsi="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd"; xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
    <import namespace="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd"/>
    <complexType name="ArrayOf_tns2_swaRef">
     <sequence>
      <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="swaRef" nillable="true" type="wsi:swaRef"/>
     </sequence>
    </complexType>

WSDL2RPG knows that this type belongs to the 'wsi' (http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd) namespace
but it does not know the schema location. If it knew the schema location it could try to load the
types defined there.

I am stuck with this problem because I have no idea how to solve it. By the way also the Eclipse XML
editor as well as XMLSpy complains about the unknown type. So they have the very same problem.

I did a quick search for "http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd"; and now I know that 'swaRef' is an
element of type 'xsd:anyURI'. But I still do not know how to tell WSDL2RPG about it.

Any ideas?

Last but not least attachments are not (yet) supported. Before I probably start with attachments I
want to have a stable release supporting the styles "rpc" / "document" and the uses "literal" / "encoded".

Regards,

Thomas.