Http_comp issue

All - We have been testing a call to a web service for a couple of weeks, and things have gone really well, thanks to some suggestions from this list.

This past week-end we put the project into production and ran into an interesting situation.
The program that is making the call is running in batch and I had been submitting a start up of the program from the job scheduler for testing.

I had planned the production version to be an auto-start job. Everything went really good until the first web service call. :-0  Then we got the message "Value for call stack counter parameter not valid".

Investigation revealed that the call to http_comp has hard coded a '1' in the call stack counter and I needed to send my completion message to the message queue of the entry specified by the call stack entry parameter, not the previous message queue because there is no previous message queue based on the way I set up the routing entry on the subsystem.

I didn't want to change libhttp/http_com, so I created another procedure and put it outside of libhttp because I wanted to keep the lib "standard".

This solved my problem. I realize I could have solved this in a number of ways, but I just wanted to let all know in case someone else has this issue when using an auto-start job.  I think this is most probably a rare case, though.

Very Best Regards,

Walker Powell
Pacer International IT
6805 Perimeter Dr.