Re: New to http questions

Hi Walker,

If you're getting a 'connection reset' message, then you must be making
a connection -- otherwise there'd be nothing to reset :)

Please make sure you're running version 1.21 of HTTPAPI.  I added a
workaround in that version that has helped a lot of people eliminate
these 'connection reset' issues.

If that doesn't help, please create a debug file.  You do that by adding

CALLP HTTP_DEBUG(*ON)

To the top of your RPG program.  It should be placed near the top of
your calcs -- or, at least, before you call any other HTTPAPI functions.

The result will be that HTTPAPI logs a lot of diagnostic info to an IFS
file named /tmp/httpapi_debug.txt  you can open that file with the DSPF
under i5/OS, or with a tool like Notepad under Windows.

If you're still stuck, post the contents of this debug file to the
mailing list (or if there's something confidential in it, send it to me
directly)  That will give us a much better picture of what's going on.