AW: HTTPAPI - XPAT - encoding "ISO-8859-2"

Dear Scott,

SUMMARY: thank you for this good advice: It works fine!!!

Due to my (customers) small time budget I choosed the option (b), the HTTPAPI-solution, with the ***current*** Version (1.18).
In the calling CLP I give a Parameter to the Program, if the incoming file is encoded ISO-8859-2, then calling the Parser with codepage 912, otherwise leave it up to the API to decide what encoding it could be.
(The transmitting partner is known, so I can set this parameter by reading a DBfile where some partner-information - like this new one - is stored. Actually there are only a few black sheep doing the ISO-8859-2-encoding.)

<code>
 if   gi_encode = '2';
   rc = http_parse_xml_stmf(i_file
                            : 912
                            : *NULL
                            : %paddr('endOfElement')
                            : %addr(userData));
 else;
   rc = http_parse_xml_stmf(i_file
                            : HTTP_XML_CALC
                            : *NULL
                            : %paddr('endOfElement')
                            : %addr(userData));
 endif;
</code>

if the next future has a little time gap I will download the Beta-Version and test this function again.

Thank you, Scott , for giving a clear solution !!!,

sincerely,

István RUDAS,
for: CPB-Software, Vienna, Austria.

istvan.rudas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx