Re: HTTP API Compiling under V4R5M0

Hi Matthias,

The underlying problem with compatibility for old releases (like V4R5)
is that I have no way to test my code.  The oldest release system I have
access to right now is V5R3.

However, I have been working on solving this problem.  When people
report problems, I try to fix them.  Unfortunately, only one person has
provided much help testing on pre-V5 releases.  We sure could use your
help in testing!

Please download the latest BETA version of HTTPAPI, and try it on your
V4R5 system.  Let me know what works and what doesn't work so I can
correct the code.

Note that XML parsing is written in free-format RPG and is not expected
to work on pre-V5R1 systems.  (It'd have to be re-written from scratch
to do that.)  But you can call the Expat routines directly, if you like.

Everything else should work on V4R5 (if you install the appropriate
PTFs).  Help me test the code so that we know that will be the case!  To
do that, grab the latest beta copy from the following link:

http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/