     From: [4]ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     [mailto:[5]ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] On Behalf Of
     Mike Krebs
     Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 9:33 AM
     To: 'HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects'
     Subject: RE: Calling webservices from ISeries v5r3 Cobol Program
     >"host not found" perhaps a firewall problem,
     Check to make sure you can resolve DNS.
     PING [6]www.weverviceX.net
     Even if the ping can't reach anything, you should see something
     like this.
     Verifying connection to host system [7]WWW.WEBSERVICEX.NET at
     address
     [8]209.162.186.60.
     The [9]209.162.186.60 is the important part.
     > what is the port used for webservice communications ?
     Port 80 is standard (the traffic is HTTP protocol). I think all the
     examples
     use port 80 (there might be some using https so 443 for those), but
     you can
     use other ports. In addition, Scott has been working on proxy
     support. So,
     it might be possible to use your proxy.
     Mike Krebs