GsKit SSL

I'm fairly new to libhttp.  I've played around with some examples before
but now I have a need to use it and I need a little direction.

I'm trying to consume a web service from a business partner who requires
SSL.

I'm using example18 as a model. I know I have to take some steps to get
it working with SSL.

I've read the readme file and I've given myself permission *system
certificate store.

Can someone give me some pointers importing the certificate and any
other  steps I need to take to get this running?

I run my application right now (knowing it will fail) and I get the
error
gsk_sec_soc_open: (GSKit) Handle is not valid.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks