Re: PASS command fails from within program using FTPAPI FTP_Conn(), but works from IBM FTP Client

Hi Scott,

> If we login with the vendor-supplied user and password from the IBM
> FTP Client, we have no problems.
>
> However, our FTP program using FTPAPI always receives the 530 error
> when it runs.

Hmmmm... well, if the same bytes are sent by both clients, then they
should have the same result, right?   Perhaps the EBCDIC -> ASCII
translation between the two programs is different, and it's causing a
different result?  This would only be an issue if the userid/password
contains "unusual" characters.

You'll need to verify that the same physical bytes are sent over the
network are the same -- by that, I mean the actual binary values (and I
don't mean that they just "look" like the same letters on the screen)

That's about all I can tell you.  Unless I can reproduce the problem on
my end, there's very little else I can do.