Re: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error - Geocode example

Your xml is invalid - remove the semi-colons from after your envelope
attributes. Your message should be something like:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
  <geocode xmlns="http://rpc.geocoder.us/Geo/Coder/US/";

SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";>
   <location xsi:type="xsd:string"><![CDATA[1600 W. Pennsylvania Ave NW,
Washington,DC]]></location>
  </geocode>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

If you're ever unsure, just copy your variable (copy-n-paste) into notepad
and save on your desktop as a .xml file. Then simply click on it to open.
The xml parser built into your browser will quickly tell you what is wrong,
or at least give you a fighting chance to find the cause. Your browser can
be a convenient debug tool when troubleshooting xml - take advantage of it.

Cheers

Larry Ducie

    <location xsi:type="xsd:string"><![CDATA[1600 W. Pennsylvania Ave NW,
    Washington,DC]]></location></geocode></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelo
    pe>
    Position 131 is around  the end of:
    SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";;

                                                                 ^^^
    Is the the SOAP variable you are talking about?  I do notice a space
    right before:  <location xsi
    Could this be it?
    Thanks.
    ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/26/2007 12:00:32 PM:
    > Hello,
    >
    > >    I compiled the Geocode example but seem to have an issue.  Any
    > >    suggestions please.
    > [SNIP]
    > >    <faultstring>Application failed during request deserialization:
    > >    not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1, column 131, byte 131
    at

    > What is in the 131st byte of your "soap" variable? (or thereabouts?)
    >
    > My guess is that it contains a & or < or > character that's not
    encoded
    > according to XML specifications.

    -
    are addressed. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive
    for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this
    email or any information contained in this email. If you have received
    this email in error, please advise the sender by replying to this
    email, and delete this email immediately. Please note that any views
    or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and
    do not necessarily represent those of Western Dental Services, Inc.
    Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
    the presence of viruses. Western Dental Services, Inc. accepts no
    liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
    email.