Re: SOAPAction error

Hi Chris,

> I can run this webservice fine via its test page but with the iSeries
> I get a "Unable to handle request without a valid action parameter.
> Please supply a valid soap action."

I'm sorry if I'm restating the obvious, but..   Have you tried supplying
the appropriate soapaction?

Here's the sample code you supplied:

 >     rc = http_url_post_xml(
 >                'http://10.186.194.2/SAPWebService/Service1.asmx'
 >                       : %addr(SOAP) + 2
 >                       : %len(SOAP)
 >                       : %paddr(StartElement)
 >                       : %paddr(EndElement)
 >                       : *NULL );

The SOAPAction parameter is the 10th parameter to this API.  You are
only passing 6 parameters, consequently, you're not passing the
SOAPAction at all.  Therefore no SoapAction is sent.  Therefore you'll
get a message that says "Hey Chris, you need to pass the soap action!"
(Or "Please supply a valid soap action.")

I have no way of knowing what this particular web service requires for a
soap action parameter.  But once you determine what it should be, here's
where you pass it:

      rc = http_url_post_xml(
                 'http://10.186.194.2/SAPWebService/Service1.asmx'
                        : %addr(SOAP) + 2