Re: XML Support

Chris RENTON wrote:
 > How do I then enable XML support, do I need to download and install
 > Expat?

The source code for EXPAT is included in the HTTPAPI download package.

If you have the ILE C compiler and the System Openness Includes
installed on your system, then you need only run the INSTALL program
provided with HTTPAPI to build it.

The INSTALL program will ask "Would you like to build expat from source
code?" and "Would you like to compile support for expat into HTTPAPI?"
answer Y to both of these, and it'll do the compiling for you.

If you do not have/want the ILE C compiler to compile Expat, then you
can get a SAVF with it pre-compiled from my web site.  At the following
link:
http://www.scottklement.com/expat/

Once you've restored the SAVF, you need to copy the EXPAT service
program object into LIBHTTP (or wherever you're compiling HTTPAPI) and
call INSTALL as explained above, except that this time you DON'T want to
compile Expat from source (though, you DO want to include support for it
in HTTPAPI).

Instructions for the "no C compiler" method are listed on the same site
that you download the SAVF from (though, you'll have to scroll down a bit)