RE: Outgoing Port

   Check to be sure their i5 is properly set up for DNS resolution.  You
   can confirm this by trying to ping the same hosts that Scott uses in
   the example programs.  If it can not resolve the IP on the ping, then
   they do not have the i5 using any DNS which would prevent any outbound
   connections from it.

   "Shannon ODonnell" <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   07/13/2007 10:42 AM

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   "'HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects'" <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   RE: Outgoing Port

   Thanks for the info Scott. I thought it would have to be PORT 80 for
   outbound requests, but I wanted to make sure.
   The IT folks here tell me that they do not have that port blocked
   coming
   from their network, and yet I still cannot get out using any of the
   example
   programs from LIBHTTP.
   I have played with your programs on other systems in the past and I
   know
   they work fine, so now I just have to try to figure out why I cannot
   get to
   the outside world from here.
   If you have any other suggestions on what I might ask their IT people
   or
   other things I could look at (maybe it's a DNS issue?), that would be
   great.
   I do not consider myself a networking guru at all so I kind of
   flounder on
   these types of problems.
   Thanks,
   Shannon O'Donnell