Re: providing web services via HTTPAPI

   Hi,

   my opinion is that websphere is a very good choice if you are a rpg
   programmer and wants to create web services on top of rpg programs.

   We are using WebSphere (was 6.1 and WSDC 7.0) and  have several
   projects where we are building webservices on top of rpg programs.

   We do not need to know anything about java and xml/soap....but of
   cource it helps to have a knowledge about it.

   WebService Wizard's help's us creating these webServices based on rpg
   programs.

   WebSphere handles all the xml parsing and "communicates" with rpg
   programs via the entry parametres.

   And when we need a web service client....we use Scott's httpapi.

   Best regards

   Magne