Re: question upgrading to libhttp 1.19

1.  My code uses Example8, but replaces http_url_post with
http_url_post_stmf.  This has been working well.
  eval      rc=http_url_post_stmf(%trim(URLAD):
                        %trim(stmf):
                        %trim(filein):
                        timeo:
                        %trim(uagent):
                        %trim(content))

2.  This week-end, I upgraded to expat-2.0.0 and http 1.19.  I simply
recompiled the program mentioned above.

3.  I cannot process our orders for today.  My vendor confirmed he received
my XML document, but claims it is empty.

Here is his last email:

Ok...I think I might have something. I posted the same XML for those 2
orders that you sent me(email)and I was able to save the xml document. When
you just posted it, it saved the xml document but it's empty (0 KB). My
guess is, the XML script is not getting attached on your post like it
was before.

4.  I am at a loss!    Thank you in advance.

Linda Landreth
Park University Enterprises, Inc.
9757 Metcalf Avenue
Overland Park, KS  66212
llandreth@xxxxxxxxx
(913) 967 - 8321 direct

                      Linda Landreth
                                               To:       <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      06/03/2007 11:23         cc:
                      AM                       Subject:  question upgrading to libhttp 1.19

Saturday, I upgraded to Expat 2.0.0 and Http 1.19.

1.  I changed all of my parsing programs for the new UTF-16.
2.  I was able to recompile the three programs that use the Post operation
wtih data from a stream file using Post API.  (Last time, I had signature
problems.)  Here is my code.

3.  0049.00                 eval      rc=http_url_post_stmf(%trim(URLAD):
0050.00                                       %trim(stmf):
0051.00                                       %trim(filein):
0052.00                                       timeo:
0053.00                                       %trim(uagent):
0054.00                                       %trim(content))
0055.00                 if        rc <> 1
0056.00                 eval      msg = http_error
0057.00                 dsply                   msg
0058.00                 dump
0059.00                 return
0060.00                 endif

4.  I sent a test file to my vendor, and it was not successful.  The vendor
said my data never hit his server.  However, this vendor is famous for
their server being down or overloaded, so I expect the data will go Monday
morning after they refresh their server.

5.  However, please confirm that I simply had to recompile the three
programs that use the code above.   That is, I do not have to redo Example
8 from version 1.19 of LIBHTTP.  It uses the same rc function, and simply
introduces user space.

regards,