Re: http_url_post problems

Hi Max,

>    i'd appreciate any help you could give us. it's a simple web service
>    that adds two numbers with two parameters, x and y

Unfortunately, you haven't provided any information about what sort of
data the web service expects. Do you have a WSDL file for this service?

Without any real information, all I can do is take some guesses.  There
are three things that you're doing that are very, very unusual for a web
service.  This is not to say that they're wrong, but they're certainly
suspicious:

1) Your code creates form data (like someone would type into a web page)
and submits it via the POST method. Web services usually use XML data,
most commonly in SOAP format.

2) Your code does not set the content-type of the data.  If, indeed,
your data is supposed to look like a web form, then you need to set the
content-type to application/x-www-form-urlencoded for it to be valid.

3) Your URL appears to be in all-uppercase.  I guess it's possible that
your service is case-insensitive, or that it's actually supposed to be
uppercase, but if so, this would be the first one I've seen like that.

Maybe that'll help... if not, please give us the WSDL for the service.