RE: EXAMPLE18 fails in LIBHTTP 1.17 and 1.18

Scott --

This is the same problem.  I changed the name variable to xname as you
had suggested and was able to see the value assigned to xname and then
the failure occurs.

newElem.name = %char( %subst( name:1:len));

It appears something in the V5R1 RPG runtime support doesn't like this
statement now that name is a UCS-2 variable rather than just being a
character variable in 1.15.

I found one APAR for the MSGCPF2479 that seemed related.  But it didn't
offer a solution or workaround for V5R1.

http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/c79815e083182fec862564c00079d1
17/e6eb28d38195f35786256d6c003cb3a4?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,MSGCPF2479

-----
Scott A. Schollenberger
Director, R&D
Schools Division