Re: Upgrading to latest release of EXPAT and HTTPAPI

1.  Great!  Just the information I needed.  Thank you.

2.  One final question.  Since I am also upgrading HTTPAPI to 1.17:  when I
send XML documents to my vendors, only the parsing programs are affected by
the change from UTF-8 and to UTF-16, right?   I do not need to tell my
vendors of any change.    (nothing in my XML declaration below)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Orders xml:lang="en-US">
<OrderHeader>
     <OrderNumber>20517</OrderNumber>
     <OrderDate>4232007</OrderDate>
     <OrderTyp>O</OrderTyp>

Linda Landreth
Park University Enterprises, Inc.
9757 Metcalf Avenue
Overland Park, KS  66212
llandreth@xxxxxxxxx
(913) 967 - 8321 direct

                      Scott Klement
                      <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             To:       HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
                      Sent by:                           <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx        cc:
                      klement.com                       Subject:  Re: Upgrading to latest release of EXPAT and
                                                         HTTPAPI

                      04/23/2007 03:09 PM
                      Please respond to HTTPAPI
                      and FTPAPI Projects

Hi Linda,

The reason I didn't create a new version of FULLELEM is becuase it
would've been identical to CHARDATA2.  The two code samples do exactly
the same thing.

Please use CHARDATA2 as a replacement for FULLELEM.

llandreth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Still upgrading to UTF-16.
>
> 1.  I am taking a look at the XPATH sample member included in the new
> (TESTLIB)
> copy of Expat, and comparing it to the Xpath sample in my version of
> LIBEXPAT.
>
> 2.  However, there is no comparable source member in the new EXPAT
version
> for the FULLELEM example (probably because the old one uses iconv_h).
Can