Re: Upgrading to latest release of EXPAT and HTTPAPI

Hi Linda,

I suggest that you download the new copy of Expat from my web site
http://www.scottklement.com/expat/

Restore it to a different library.  When you run the RSTLIB command in
the Expat installation instructions, do the following (but replace
TESTLIB with a library name of your choosing) instead:

     RSTLIB SAVLIB(LIBEXPAT) DEV(*SAVF) +
            SAVF(QGPL/LIBEXPAT) RSTLIB(TESTLIB)

Now that you have a test copy of Expat 2.0.0, look at the sample code in
the QRPGLESRC file.   You'll use the EXPAT_H member from this new
version.

Take a look at the XPATH sample member included in the new (TESTLIB)
copy of Expat.  Compare it to the Use_XPath.doc file that you sent me.

You'll see that the differences are relatively minor...  the UTF-16
version uses XML_ParserCreate(*OMIT) instead of XML_ParserCreate(*NULL)
-- very minor difference.

The start and chardata routines use RPG's C (Unicode) data type instead
of RPG's A (alphanumeric) data type.   Instead of calling an API to
translate the data to EBCDIC, they simply use the %char() BIF.

Other than that, they should work exactly the same.

The following article describes the whole thing in more detail:
http://www.systeminetwork.com/article.cfm?id=53061