Cannot seem to FTP from QTEMP

returncode =  ftp_put(session
:remotefilename
:localfilename);

where remotefilename=/QSYS.LIB/QTEMP.LIB/HQD1203080.FILE
localfilename=/QSYS.LIB/QTEMP.LIB/HQD1203080.FILE

Trying to push a save file between systems.  a command wraps whatever data the user wants sent into a save file, pushes save file to remote and unpacks it.

I watched both sides, the save file is created on the dest in the QTEMP of the FTP job, used ftp_rmtcmd to do it ...

here is what I find in my joblog... seems to indicate I might need .SAVF as part of my local name?
15: > PORT 10,28,1,27,173,86
15: 200 PORT subcommand request successful.
15: > STOR /QSYS.LIB/QTEMP.LIB/HQD1203080.FILE
15: 150-NAMEFMT set to 1.
15: 150 Sending file to member HQD1203080 in file HQD1203080 in library
  QTEMP.