From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian
Eckenrod
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:18 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: OT - MDEL on iSeries

   Hello Everyone.  Not an FTPAPI specific question, just iSeries FTP in
   general.
   I have a situation where someone connects to our iSeries to retrieve
   set of files and then needs to delete these files once they are
picked
   up.  In their script, they are doing a simple:
   mget *.*
   mdel *.*
   Their pickup time is not when our job that creates the files is
   running, so there should be little chance of a new file appearing in
   between their get and delete commands.  I'd love to be able to
'sense'
   when they pick up, but I have not found a way to be able to do that
   server side and I am not able to push files to them (using FTPAPI) so
   this is the best setup we have at the moment.
   They can pick up the files without a problem, but when they issue the
   delete command, it only removes the member from the file and not the
   file itself.  Then when I check the library, it looks like the files
   are still there waiting to be picked up, even though they are
actually
   empty (no members).  The files are stored in a normal library (not an
   IFS folder).  If I issue the mdel command again, it will remove the
   file, but that seems like sort of a hack solution, although maybe it
   is the only one.
   I'm hoping maybe some people on the list can shed some light on this
   for me.
   Thanks everyone.