Namespace support in EXPAT breaks on xml:lang

Hi Scott,

I encountered the following problem when parsing an xml string. When I start
expat with namespace support it seems to break on the xml:lang attribute.

That is for sofar I can make up out of the joblog message: 'XML parse failed
at line 1, col 421: unbound prefix'

This is the message I am trying to parse:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<soapenv:Code>
<soapenv:Value>soap:Receiver</soapenv:Value>
<soapenv:Subcode>
<soapenv:Value>ia:IAC000</soapenv:Value>
</soapenv:Subcode>
</soapenv:Code>
<soapenv:Reason>
<soapenv:Text xml:lang="en">InterActive not available</soapenv:Text>
</soapenv:Reason>
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I have manually inserted linebreaks in order to make the string a bit more
readable, although I assume it may well mess up the count out of the
message.

I have tried to see if this is supported within the expat code but my
knowledge of C coding is failing.

Could you possibly shed some light on this and point me in the right
direction in order to solve this?

Kind regards,

Loek Maartens,
Veracity Software Consultancy BV