Sockets question

   This is not directly a FTP or HTTP api question, but since Scott wrote
   the Sockets Tutorial I thought I'd start here.
   Scott - If I should post this in a different group let me know.
   We have an application based on the chapter 7 example code (SVREX7L &
   SVREX7I).  The client side is a PalmOS & PPC app we also wrote.
   Occasionally something will go wrong in the comunications (dropped
   phone line, program error on client, etc. ) when the server is doing a
   RDLINE() the client never responds.  The server job seems to hang
   forever at this point.
   I'd like to find a way for the server job to time out on the call to
   the RECV() api in RDLINE().  I've looked at some of the api
   documentation, but I am confused by it.
   Any thoughts?
   Brian J. Garland
   Vermont Information Processing, Inc.