Re: *** HTTPAPI: NEW BETA RELEASE 1.18 NEEDS TESTING ***

I hate to admit this, but... I don't know much about proxies!  My guess,
from what you posted, is that it's connecting to the proxy (rather than
the final web site) using the SSL protocol.  If the proxy doesn't
support SSL, you'd get the error you describe.

I wonder what it's supposed to do in that case?