RE: *** HTTPAPI: NEW BETA RELEASE 1.18 NEEDS TESTING ***

Testing PRE2 on V5R1 with SSL and NO Expat.

1. The Install completed OK, and I successfully transmitted files with
SSL and NO proxy server.
2. As I have not got a proxy, I downloaded a free version of Proxy Plus:
http://www.proxyplus.cz/
3. installed the proxy with no authorisation required for Users. HTTP
port is 4480
4. Tried to transmit but get following error message:
http_url_get(): entered

http_persist_open(): entered

http_long_ParseURL(): entered

(GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

ssl_error(410): (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message
received.
SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly
formatted message received.

This is my code:
0260.00 D Proxyhost       s            256A
070220
0261.00 d ProxyPort       s             10i 0
070220
0262.00 d ProxyRet        s             10i 0
070220
0263.00
030929

0409.00 ************************************
070220
0410.00 **  proxy test
070220
0411.00
070220
0412.00 c                   eval      proxyhost = '192.168.2.3'
070220
0413.00 c                   eval      proxyport = 4480
070220
0415.00 c                   eval      proxyret =
http_setproxy(proxyhost:proxyport)                         070220
0416.00
070220

Return code is 0 (zero)

The gskit error occurs on my first get:
1032.00 c                   eval      rc = http_url_get(
030804
1033.00 c                               %trim(remsiteL):
%trimr(InFile1): +                                 031024

1034.00 c                              90: %trimr(SoftwID))
040729

Am I incorrectly using the setproxy procedure ?
It could of course be the proxy not correctly set up. I will try other
options.
If not, any thoughts ?

Also got the following error reported when setting up the proxy test:
I changed the *DFTROUTE TCP param to the PC that hosts the proxy
(192.168.2.3)
I tried a transmission (knowing it would fail) without the proxy
running, and without the proxy code in the program, just to see what
happened.
I got error:

HTTPAPI Ver 1.18pre2 released 2007-02-19

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0

https_init(): entered

-------------
Dump of local-side certificate information:

-------------
http_url_get(): entered

http_persist_open(): entered

http_long_ParseURL(): entered

SetError() #7: Timeout occurred while trying to connect to server!

(GSKit) I/O: Descriptor not valid.

ssl_error(406): (GSKit) I/O: Descriptor not valid.

SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) I/O: Descriptor not valid.

In the past, if the DFTROUTE param was missing or incorrect, we get the
'Timeout occurred..'  error message but NOT the Descriptor invalid
error.

Regards

Ian Patterson

Grange IT Limited
tel  01947 880458
fax 01947 880439
www.grangesystems.com

* Bacstel-iP systems for Windows and IBM iSeries
* CHECKER Bank Account details Authetication systems
* Inland Revenue submission systems
* HMRC Data Provisioning systems