Re: OT - FTP Exit Programs

Brian,

The QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ exit point can be used to determine what files the
client has sent and received.  It does not indicate that the get/put was
successful.  If you want to assume that the gets/puts are successful you
could log this activity and at end of day do some house cleaning.

My FTP exit program logs all activity so I can monitor FTP activity.  I use
the log to automatically block connections when I detect a hacker.

If you want some help to you get started go to http://www.easy400.net and
download SECTCP.

Rusty Gadberry
Arkansas Data Services, Inc.
Makers of DOCS/400
501-327-8000 office
www.ark-data-services.com

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.  Any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any

             Brian Eckenrod
             <beckenrod@parago
             n-csi.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects"
             ftpapi-bounces@li         <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             sts.scottklement.                                          cc
             com
                                                                   Subject
                                       OT - FTP Exit Programs
             02/15/2007 08:54
             AM

             Please respond to
                HTTPAPI and
              FTPAPI Projects
             <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxx
              ttklement.com>

Hello All.  This is off topic from FTPAPI but I am hoping some experienced
i5 FTP people may be able to assist me.

We have a situation where a few people connect to our machine to pull
files.  What I'd like to be able to do is detect when a file is
successfully pulled and rename or delete the file on our side to eliminate
the need for the client to follow up the 'get' with a 'del'.  In looking
for i5 FTP exit program info, I've only found the following info:

QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON (FTP Server Logon)
QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ (FTP Client Request Validation)
QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ (FTP Server Request Validation)

It does not seem that any of these gives me the ability to detect a
successful get of a file.

Is anyone out there doing this on the i5 and if so, how?

Thanks in