& and eXpat

   Hello,

       I'm using eXpat to parse some XML.  When an element of my XML
   contains a correctly encoded (at least, I think it is) ampersand, the
   parser acts like the element's character data stops before reaching
   it.  For example, if the element is <name>Bob &amp; Melinda
   Barnhart</name>, the parser's character data handler only receives
   'Bob ' as its input.  How can I get it to process the whole string?

   Thanks!

   Bob Barnhart
   FREMONT INSURANCE COMPANY