[no subject]

   We have a suite of programs written for one of our company's
   applications.  One of our programmers has encountered the following
   issue in relation to the size of the "DATA" field.  Any help would be
   appreciated...

   "I'm hoping that someone has run into a similar problem I've
   encountered at customer site (OS/400 release V5R3M0).  Once I
   recompiled an ILE RPG data interface program at this customer, which
   was created on a machine at OS/400 release V5R2, all alphanumeric
   field variables in the program were truncated to a length of 1024
   bytes.  The program compilation still references each field variable
   with the correct size (fields are up to length 32740), but a debug
   shows each of these fields with truncated data.  I've recompiled the
   identical source program on the original machine without any
   problems.  Any ideas??? "

   Pat Greenwood, Sr. SAE

   QUALCOMM QWBS Western Region

   (785) 749-4065 (office)