Re: http_url_get_xml returns error - ...junk after document element?

Hi Tim,

> Thanks Scott,  EXAMPLE15 worked like a charm.   These tools are very cool.
> Just looking briefly at the demos provided, which would you recommend I use
> as a starting point to create an XML document and then post it to a web
> service?

Is it a SOAP web service?  Or REST?  Or....?   Do you have a link to a
WSDL document?

EXAMPLE14 demonstrates a REST web service (though, I haven't tested
           that one in a long time. I wonder if it still works?)

There's another REST demonstration here:
http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/geocode.txt

EXAMPLE16 demonstrates a custom (non-standard) web service.

EXAMPLE18-20 demonstrate calling SOAP web services.

There's another SOAP demonstration that demonstrates parsing a regular XML
document that's embedded in a SOAP document here:
http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/bankrout.txt

You'll also want to look at the various articles that I and other people
have written on the subject.  There's a bunch of links at the end of my
HTTPAPI presentation handout on the following page:
http://www.scottklement.com/presentations/

Once you understand the basic concepts, you'll need to talk to your
business partner (customer? vendor? bank? whomever you're trading
documents with) and discuss how the service should work.  The (customer?
vendor?) should have documentation, or a WSDL file, that explains in
detail how to use their particular web service.  Obviously, everyone's web
service is a little different.

The easiest thing would be a SOAP web service with a WSDL document,
because the WSDL is capable of telling a computer program precisely how to
format the XML and precisely what will be sent and received.